Several decades ago, when my genealogy journey began, I was using Family
Tree Maker. After experimenting with Legacy, I was hooked and became a
convert. Back then the only way to bring your data into Legacy was to
create a Gedcom and import the same. As we know, the Gedcom format has its
own set of issues. The problem is as follows:

The process left me with lots of items unceremoniously dropped into the
Locations field of Legacy. Case in point for this email; I have had 570
social security numbers resting as "locations" in individual Events
sections. For some time now I have vowed to fix the matter once and for
all. Unless I am missing something (and I do so often) the only way I see
to delete them is by the painfully slow and tedious method of opening the
Events sections of each person, one at a time, doing the edit there, then
moving on to the next item. And so I ask the list: Does anyone know a
faster or easier method?

BTW all of the SSN are available in my Notes sections so there is no need
to save them in any way elsewhere; I just need some sort of batch delete
without losing all other "good" locations. Is that even possible or am I
forced into the previously mentioned "hard labor?"

Any and all help appreciated.

Dennis