The image file (.jpg) can be printed as part of the source citation in reports.
A PDF file or .doc file cannot be printed as part of a Legacy Report.

Most PDF will be a standard page size (usually A4, except for those in the USA)
and I guess that might be a problem when incorporating into a (Legacy) report;
images can be resized - maybe that happens in Legacy reports? Or, they can be
nudged into an appropriate position on a page via various text-display methods
(RTF, Microsoft Word, the various web page formatting methods).

But I find that PDF files are by far the most useful for me - and wish that
Legacy handled their incorporation into its output products.

There are many free PDF programmes, if one wants to choose one  - and Windows
"knows" which is your default programme. In Windows 10, the free Edge browser -
whether you like to use it as your "default browser" or not - will be the
default programme for opening  PDF files if you haven't installed some other
PDF-reading programme -  and does it well.

Ian Thomas

Albert Park, Victoria 3206 Australia