*From:* LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> *On
Behalf Of *Roberta Schwalm
*Sent:* Monday, July 23, 2018 6:36 AM
*To:* legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] Address Information

I have always put the name of the Church where the baptism or marriage
took place.  I also enter the name of the cemetery where
burial/inurnment took place.  I have always thought that it was the
simplest way to go.

Roberta

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 7:27 AM Chris Hill
<chris.hill.11he...@gmail.com <mailto:chris.hill.11he...@gmail.com>>
wrote:

    Hi Cathy

        That was pretty well what I had suspected. It almost seems
    that the developers only built half of the system with dealing
    with locations/places vs addresses, or just added addresses as a
    later extension.

        I started using the locations to locate a physical area such
    as a Village or Town / / County / Country (being UK based and
    based on the GeoLocation list), with occasional extensions to add
    further sub-units, such as Hatcham, New Cross, , Surrey, England
    where Hatcham, Surrey would be misleading.

        I then started finding references to churches, as in baptisms
    and marriages, and started adding those to the location list, and
    my current locations list is around 2500 entries, of which 200 or
    so start with St church / location. I rather suspect that this is
    what most users do. But this started to become more complex,
    especially as those entries were included in the Location index in
    reports at the building level.

        So I then started looking at the Address fields, which happily
    show up as an icon on the marriage and events, or as Address..
    option against birth, baptism, death and buried entries. Now, as I
    am working through my database, I am moving all of the entries in
    Location that refer to a building, or vessel, into the Address
    entries, where I can be specific to the building or church by
    street and location. Currently I have nearly 500 churches, or
    equivalent, and more than 100 other addresses. The reverse is that
    I have removed many of those from the Locations list since they
    map to a single location.

        My feeling is that I am working the 'right' way to record
    Addresses as being different from Locations. but that the system,
    while supporting both, does not have sufficient support for
    addresses or integration between addresses and locations.

    Regards

    Chris