The reason that pictures and attachments are not allowed on this list is that apparently some people still have limited and/or slow internet access.

Note expecting posts on Facebook to be copied here is totally unrealistic. I mostly post comments that make no sense without the originating post and the following discussion. My comments are often tips or step by step directions on how to do something. Most of the knowledgeable people on FB do the same. Respond to requests for help with useful stuff.

There are various ways to get notifications on Facebook. You can have them emailed to you which I think would be a nightmare. I open Facebook and see them there on the Notification symbol on the Facebook "toolbar".

RE Webinar announcements, most are also in the Legacy News email so if you want them, make sure you get Legacy News by email.
Here is where you can subscribe. https://legacyfamilytree.com/Subscribe.asp

As Michele pointed out you can join Facebook and participate in Groups and not engage in any of the Friend stuff. I only sometimes look at my personal newsfeed. I rarely if ever post on my own page. I use F.B. Purity to get rid of ads and to control the order of the Notifications so they are time ordered rather than what FB thinks I should see first.

Cathy

Jeff <mailto:malka...@orthohelp.com>
Wednesday, 9 January 2019 6:42 AM
+1
Not even once a month on Facebook!

Ian Thomas <mailto:il.tho...@outlook.com>
Wednesday, 9 January 2019 5:55 AM
Sherry - you have just enumerated all the desires (for a much better LUG email list) that I silently think about. Pictures on this list would be a major improvement.

I have had a FB account for 10 years but I probably use FB (not the Legacy group, which I don't belong to) about once monthly.

Frankly, I'm pleased to see the FB organization withering and being held to some) account for its transgressions.

Ian Thomas
Albert Park, Victoria 3206 Australia