I have both, but feel more comfortable with emails. I'm barely taking a look at
the Legacy section of Facebook.

Georges

-----Message d'origine-----
De : LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> De la part de
Michele Lewis
Envoyé : 12 mai 2020 11:32
À : Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Objet : [LegacyUG] Facebook

I encourage you to join our Legacy User Group on Facebook. I know there are
some of you that say there is no way you will ever get on Facebook but you can
join Facebook and set your privacy so that you won’t get friend requests and no
one can see what you post. The group itself is private so anything you post
there isn’t seen by anyone except the other group members.

You are missing a lot of stuff by not being there. I can’t cross post
everything that I post there and I post quite a bit. I readily admit that my
attention is with the Facebook group because I can do so many more things there
than I can here.

You can use screenshots and video clips which you can’t do here. You can
explain a problem better with a screenshot and you can understand solutions to
problems better as well with screenshots.

I (and others) can upload files. For example, periodically I upload a pdf that
has clickable links to all of the Tuesday's Tips from the Legacy
Newsletter/Blog. John Lisle upload a great series with how to work with the
custom geo code files in Legacy.

The Facebook group is searchable and you can also use hashtags. You will see
announcements from the staff when we need to get  important information out.
All events and webinars are announced to give you a heads up without having to
monitor the webinar webpage. When an update is released it is announced here
immediately.

Another advantage, which I honestly wish I didn't have to use, I and the other
admins/moderators can delete posts. I can also stop the commenting on a post if
I need to. On the mailing list if someone posts something against the rules
there isn't much I can do about it. I can remove the person but the posts stay
and conversations go on and on that really need to be nipped. Even when I tell
people enough is enough it goes on. That doesn't happen on Facebook.

I monitor the list pretty much all of my waking hours. We have beta testers and
power users that are monitoring the list when I actually sleep 😊

As of right now this mailing list has 1531 member. The Facebook group has
21,941. The Facebook group has 5 administrators and 2 moderators. It is also
monitored by several staff members and some of our top beta testers and
translators.

I hope I see more of you there.

Michele Simmons Lewis, CG®
Legacy Educator