Jim,

1. Go to your son and his wife (I presume if you have them entered you show their marriage with the two children). Look for the spouses Icon below his name it will look like the head and shoulders of a single person. Under the name will be a small number 1 if he is only linked to his wife.
2. Click that Icon to open his list of spouses.
3. Click on Add New Wife, If you have the partner in your file click the link to an EXISTING person, if not click on Add a NEW person. If linking you will see the Name List where you can choose the partner, if adding you will get an Individual Data screen where you can add her name, birth etc. details. 4. In the Name List find the partner and click select with her name highlighted. In the Individual screen enter all that you know about the partner and click Save. 5. In either case the next screen should be the marriage information. In the upper left click the box for this couple did not marry. In the date and place boxes I would enter the date they first started living together as well as the place where that occurred. If you do not know that it is okay to leave those blank.
6. Save the "marriage" details.
7. You should see the spouse list again but now there will be two people listed. Select the partner's name and click select. 8. Either add your son's child as a new person or again use link to existing if you have already entered the child's name, birth etc.

Now your son should have two marriages, one to the common law partner with their child and one to his legal wife with their two children.

Brian Kelly