I make a census event for each family individual on the census,  I do NOT use
Shared Events.  (I also add Residence and Occupation Events from the census, if
listed).  Copy/Paste Events great tool! But I also download and save each
census page as a PDF with OCR ability (Different programs to do that, suggest
trying free utility, Greenshot. Many scanners have that option also.). All my
records are in family subfolders for each surname, all under one Surname folder
(Thanks Geoff!) .  My file naming method also includes a document TYPE code so
I can easily identify Census records.  File naming format example:
LASTNAME_FirstName_YYYYMMDD_TYPE_Location_misc.
extATKINSON_Thomas_&_family_19200108_CEN_Somerville
MA_p1of2.pdfSULLIVAN_Arthur_19200407_BIR_Somerville.pdfSHANNON_Robert_&_family_19400412_CEN_Chelsea
 MA.pdfO'CONNOR_James_&_EDWARDS_Catherine_19150418_MAR_Chelsea MA.pdfYou can
see two Census, one Birth, one Marriage record .So with OCR ability, it is
easier to scan electronically, vs.  manual reading.   But be prepared to miss
some items due to quality of PDF, and handwriting.   OCR works best with typed
characters.  And the naming convention makes it easy to know which files to
scan. Just one set of tools that works for me, I am sure others will offer
their methods. Good luck
null