Hi Debbie

You need to be aware about the differences between .JPG and .PDF files,
since they are designed for different tasks.

A JPG file is simply a scan of an image, from a camera or a scan. As such
it is easy to include it within a report since all that is needed is to
convert it to a printable form and position it on a page.

A PDF file is much more complex having been designed as a method to convert
a printable form into a document, from which it can be printed on any
printer. As such it will include both text and images, spread over multiple
pages. That throws multiple problems in imbedding it into a report - how
can you place a multi-page report within the middle of a report.

Most cases you would use a JPG for images, as a scan or photo. A PDF would
be used for an existing report, which you would then merge into a new
report, either by merging it into a newly generated PDF report or by
printing it and combining it with a print from a new report.

Regards

Chris