Success! I noted in one of the posts that a recommended method to get the
339 update to install was to *run Windows 10 in Safe Mode*. While it was a
bit tedious to get it into Safe Mode, once I got it there, the Legacy
uninstall was trivial. This process avoided any issue regarding Windows
security.

Thanks for all the comments regrading this issue, one of which worked for
me.

Mike Christiaens