After much trial and error, I have decided on a naming convention for my
computer images and Legacy. I trialled various ways and thank everyone for
their input.

In the end though I decided on a format that suited the way my mind works. I
realised that when I sorted through my muddle of photos looking for a
particular one, I always look by surname first. I also like to use - instead
of brackets or commas.

I also decided that right now I will not use sub folders, although I think
that when I have all my images renamed I might have 4 grandparent folders. I
realise that it means scrolling through a lot of photos, but right now it
works.

So, I have ended up with:  Surname - Christian Name(s) - Type - Date of
Birth/Death/Christening - Place - Date of document.

If necessary, I will copy the document and amend the description (as in the
case of a census)

The message I received from everyone was to find the way that works for me.
And I think for now this is it.

Thank you everyone for your input.

June