On 10/05/2021 11:30, vbgar...@gmail.com wrote:
I have been sent  " Adrian's gedcom file with my additions.ged"

I want to open a new Legacy file and put the info from the above into the
new Legacy file. Can I do this and if so how ?

Indeed you can! Open Legacy and if it automatically opens an old Family File, use File>Close File. With Legacy open but no file open, use File>Import and select "Gedcom file..." Locate the folder where "Adrian's gedcom file with my additions.ged" is located and click on it to open it. Legacy will then ask you to give a name to the new Family File and you can choose where to save that if you don't want it where Legacy suggests.

You will then have a new Family File with the contents of "Adrian's gedcom ..."

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK