Then in the Search List/Name List, bring the Event tab on the right to the front and move down the list in the left removing the Event from each person as you go. To remove them from your reports at one stroke, go to the Event Definition for this Birth event you've added and check to make it Private. Then if you don't override Master Events marked private in the Privacy Options, they won't be in reports. But you want to get them out of your database. You shouldn't have an Event/Fact as well as the entry in the top section of the Individual Information screen. If you want to see everything in date order, switch to the Chronology View.

Cathy

Margaret Gagliardi <mailto:megsge...@gmail.com>
Friday, 2 July 2021 04:59
No.  I just did it to see what happened.

C.G. Ouimet <mailto:c.g.oui...@gmail.com>
Friday, 2 July 2021 04:19
Are you creating a birth event instead of using the default birth date/place event?

C.G. Ouimet
Kingston ON
*From:* Margaret Gagliardi
*Sent:* Thu Jul 01 15:41:44 EDT 2021
*To:* Legacy User Group
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] Birth Event

No, there is nothing in the birth field.  In "Event/Fact" it has "birth" - but nothing else - no date or place etc.  I just experimented with a person who does not have this issue and added an Event/Fact of birth.  Now it lights up the Event icon under that person's name. I just don't know how to remove that Event/Fact" other then doing each person individually.  I was just wondering if there was a way to removed all of them who do not have any information at all.
Thanks
Margaret

Margaret Gagliardi <mailto:megsge...@gmail.com>
Friday, 2 July 2021 03:41
No, there is nothing in the birth field.  In "Event/Fact" it has "birth" - but nothing else - no date or place etc.  I just experimented with a person who does not have this issue and added an Event/Fact of birth.  Now it lights up the Event icon under that person's name. I just don't know how to remove that Event/Fact" other then doing each person individually.  I was just wondering if there was a way to removed all of them who do not have any information at all.
Thanks
Margaret

Brian Kelly <mailto:exma...@gmail.com>
Friday, 2 July 2021 03:27
I tried to duplicate this without success. My Descendant Book report only included a birth entry if I entered actual data such as a date and or place. Do you have something entered in the Birth field for that child? Legacy would not even include a source unless there was data entered. I tried entering only a source in case Legacy would add Birth so it could use that as a placeholder for the source citation.

Brian Kelly