Larry,
You can override source citations but it's usually easier to put the data into one of the other boxes - at the end of the URL you are entering and leave the item box blank or in the Source Detail Comment and mark it to be included in the citation.

Cathy

Larry Lachance <mailto:la...@lachance.org>
Tuesday, 19 April 2022 23:41

I opted to use the “SourceWriter” for LDS Quebec church records some time ago.  The detail information screen for the source includes:

Title:

Item of Interest:

FHL Film Number:

Item No.:

It is the “Item No.:” that I am trying to resolve.    The source prints (by way of example) –

"Québec > Saint-Roch-de-Québec > Baptêmes, mariages, sépultures 1854-1855," Mariage # 29 - 1854; FHL microfilm https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L99Q-99ZL-Q, */item/* Image 32 of 634.

I’m using the “Item No.:” field to include the Image number on the LDS page.  When it prints the citation, the word “item” precedes the Image number I’ve used.  I have always added “Image A of B” to the Item No. and therefore the printing includes both.

I would like to change “item” either to capitalize the “I” in Item OR simply eliminate from the printed document.

I know there are many places to override “sentences” in LFT BUT, is there someplace I can overwrite the word “Item” in this source template?

Thanks

Larry Lachance