I would go to Betty Brown without the tag and check her family connections. You may have multiple parents for her. One is the tagged 3 Henry but where she is married to tag 2 John Smith her father may not be the tag 3 person.

Brian Kelly

On 29/02/2024 9:19 p.m., irons...@ihug.com.au wrote:
Correction - Family tree C was tagged as 3, not 2

*From:*irons...@ihug.com.au <irons...@ihug.com.au>
*Sent:* Friday, 1 March 2024 12:52 PM
*To:* LegacyUserGroup@legacyusers.com
*Subject:* My file has Split into 3 trees

Looking at Tools – Trees I find my file has somehow split into three separate files. I have:

Family A  approx 5000 persons which I have tagged as Tag 1

Family B  approx 800 persons which I have tagged as Tag 2

Family C  approx 30 persons which I have tagged as Tag (was 2, should read 3)

The trees ramble over a lot of families, not all directly related but linked in some way.

Everyone was added individually and It tells me that I have no duplicates.

*I have found this which I don’t understand.*

In family B I have:

“John Smith” (Family B – Tag 2) married to “Betty Brown” WITHOUT a tag No. Her Father was “Henry Brown” who is in Family C – Tag 3).

What I don’t understand is why that marriage at least would not join the two families in trees.

Also, any thoughts on a good way to find where the breaks are in the trees. I am sure they were linked at some stage and no doubt deleting someone has caused the break. This could have been sometime in the last 15 or more years ago.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Paul (in Sydney)