On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:48 PM, andrzej zaborowski <balr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 August 2010 04:22, Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:
>> Then go through the tags.  Start from the creation of the element.  If
>> a tag was added by an accepter, keep it.  If a tag created by an
>> accepter was modified by an accepter, make the modification.
>
> What's the identity of the tag though, is it the key and value pair?
> Since you mention modification I suppose you mean just the key.  I'm
> not sure if tags can be treated this way, for example the natural=wood
> and landuse=forest are often exchanged even though they have a
> different key, so after running the algorithm you may end up with both
> or none.

Yeah, I was thinking the identity was the key.

And yeah, "after you've done this there's likely to be some really
weird stuff in the database".  I was mainly looking at it from a
copyright standpoint.  The backward convoluted database you'll wind up
with after removing the copyright infringements, well, they're the
reason you shouldn't be switching the license in the first place!