Hi,

On 11/24/2010 10:57 AM, Erik Johansson wrote:
It would be great if someone could convince the JOSM people to remove
the ODbL blurb in JOSM, people get scared and spam everyone who hasn't
agreed to the new license.

I do not appreciate getting lots of ODbL FUD spam,

Are you sure this has something to do with JOSM? I mean, we've been saying it for half a year now on EVERY wiki page ("OSM is changing its license"...) and it's been on the JOSM startup page for quite a while now. Is it not likely that what you're seeing is the effect of a much more recent development, namely maps like http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/ where people can see which areas have been edited by people who haven't yet agreed to the CT/OdbL?

I would not want people to send messages to "total strangers" but if it is someone from an area where you have edited a lot, then I can understand that if they find a large section of his city or quarter not relicensed that they become concerned and send you a message. - When I map somewhere, I know that this might result in me being contacted by "total strangers", i.e. other members of this project who care for the place I've edited.