Van: Frederik Ramm [mailto:frede...@remote.org]
Verzonden: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:15 AM
Aan: legal-talk@openstreetmap.org
Onderwerp: Re: [OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Hi,

On 08/10/11 08:38, Stephan Knauss wrote:
> You're wrong with this. At least in the country I'm most active the
> transition to ODbL ready data is making huge progress. And it's not
> "someone else's" benefit, but a benefit for the whole community.

I, too, am positively surprised by the speed and diligence with which
mappers all over the place are working towards getting ready for the big

switch. Most had held back initially to give people a chance to
reconsider, but now things are really moving, and with a very positive
attitude at that - it's not "grumble grumble grumble why do we have to
do this" but "we're doing our part to put OSM on a solid legal footing,
cleaning up behind those whom we couldn't persuade".

For this, it is obviously very important *not* to allow any further
CC-BY-SA contributions as those would give people a sense of fighting
against windmills.

Everyone is working to bring the amount of non-relicensable
contributions down to zero; adding more non-relicensable contributions
would not only pull the rope in the other direction, it would also ruin
the spirits of everyone working to fix things.