Hello,

>> Do you state that ODbL license is equal to a patent when it comes to
>> protect the data (apart from being 'free and open')?
> No, I mentioned the patent as an example of non-copyright IP that persists
> even through a CC-BY-SA chain where it is not mentioned at all.
So, in my understanding you have just explained that an imaginery
screwdriver can be used to hammer a nail, 'cause nails can be
hammered, and giving a hammer as an example.
Please do not feel offended, I just hoped for a good explanation of
ODbL's 'viralness', escpecially when taking into consideration
Produced Work chain, and tiles' CC-By-SA license with "separate
channel" with any other rights inside. I understand patents work that
way (ie. you can't recreate something), but making it into a license
doesn't seem clear to me, and I don't think I've seen a lawyer stating
somethink like this. It would be great to have it explained.
Sincerely,

Tadeusz Knapik