Hello All!

Again thank you all for your feedback!

I am currently spending a lot of time thinking about the license and what can
be considered copying, derived works etc. I just realized that there is one
recent event that sets an unprecedented precedence in how to look upon these
questions, it is of course our own recent license change to ODbL.

As I understand our license change, it can be described as this: (Please
correct me if I am wrong) All objects that had an edit history where someone
not willing to change the license (decliner) had edited anything was reverted
back in history until no edits by any decliner where left, thereby creating a
clean database. All cleaning operations where based on data history in the
database.

Now imagine this:
A decliner adds street names on two streets Street A and Street B, they have an
intersection. Then I by "Local knowledge" know that there is a shop in the
intersection of Street A and Street B add that shop (Shop A) to the map.
Someone else adds another shop (Shop B) to the right of the shop I added (Shop
A) based on the fact that Shop B is right of Shop A. Now the license change
happened and the street names where removed, but as far as I know the shops
where left as they had no direct history in the database related to the
decliners edits. The positions of Shop A is directly deducted from the
decliners copyrighted information about what the streets are called. The
position of Shop B is then based on the position of Shop A, therefor indirectly
deducted from the copyrighted information of the decliner.

If what I have described above is basically correct, then it has a lot of
implications for my use-cases...

/Olov