Hello,

We're considering using OSM in our company, I’m having trouble understanding
the "Derivative database » implications.
Here is the case: we wish to use OSM POIs, say restaurants, and then enrich
them with our data, say restaurant menus. If I understood well, I’m in case #3
here <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/License/Use_Cases> and it becomes a «
derivative database ».

I’m OK with attribution.
I’m OK with enriching and getting back to OSM anything that I took from OSM:
updating opening hours, correcting addresses, new names of restaurant, adding
missing restaurants…
I’m NOT OK with sharing the part of our database that is restaurant menus,
which would be the asset of my company.

Is it what I’m supposed to do or is ODbL only related to data we took
originally?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Legal_FAQ#3b._If_I_have_data_derived_from_OSM_data.2C_do_I_have_to_distribute_it.3F

<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Legal_FAQ#3b._If_I_have_data_derived_from_OSM_data.2C_do_I_have_to_distribute_it.3F>
        Here it says that we have to make available "The 'diff' between the
original OSM data, and your derived database », in my opinion that’s my second
bullet point and if it’s only that, I’m totally OK with it.

Our goal is to protect our asset, not avoid giving back to the community.

Many thanks for any input, I’m lost!

Fizz