On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 12:49 AM GITNE <gi...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 09/23/2020 at 02:19 AM Clifford Snow wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 2:43 PM GITNE <gi...@gmx.de <mailto:gi...@gmx.de>>
> wrote:
> >
> >     Hello OSMF Legal Team,
> >
> >     due to a quite troubling revelation by @SomeoneElse that changeset
> comments are
> >     automatically republished by the third party private company Slack,
> I would
> >     appreciate if you could share your legal assessment of this
> situation. More
> >     specifically, what is the copyright status of changeset comments and
> which OSMF
> >     document or agreement covers changeset comments?
> >

> > Can you be more specific? Where is the data being republished?
>
> Unfortunately, no. I do not use Slack. So, I cannot provide a specific
> link or
> something. What I know is that @SomeoneElse reported that Slack has an
> automated
> feed which pulls changesets comments from OSM and republishes them on one
> of
> their channels.

I'm a regular user of Slack. I haven't seen such a feed. But more to the
point, Slack, the application by itself doesn't pull information from other
sources. It's up to the users to pull feeds in. For example there is a new
user feed which has a link to the users account and a link to their first
edit.
--
@osm_washington
www.snowandsnow.us