Hi everyone,

We (Jerome, Franco and I) spent the last several weeks tuning the paper prototypes that determine the look and behavior for the first leihs 2.0 functions we want to implement. We are focusing on three interactions, all seen from the eyes of an inventory manager or inventory admin:

1. Acknowledgement of orders
2. Handout of items
3. Taking back items

This doesn't look like much, but since these interactions touch on so many very fundamental models, implementing this means that we are laying the foundation for the entire rest of the project.

An illustration of the models and their relationships is available here:

http://code.zhdk.ch/projects/leihs/wiki/Models

We also managed to stick with our original plan and define a terminology, useful for domain-driven design:

http://code.zhdk.ch/projects/leihs/wiki/Terminology

The most tangible news is that we have working user stories, done using Rspec's Story Runner [1]. This is really turning into buzzword bingo here, but we would also like to use behavior-driven development (BDD) to develop leihs. Whether we use the story runner or plain rspec has yet to be determined. We are mostly concerned about duplication in user stories, but perhaps the story runner will evolve a solution. For now, we're going ahead with the story runner.

This is all not so interesting for external coders at this time, as we're doing lots of concept work. But if you would like to take part in this concept work, please let me know, I'm sure we can somehow shift it to IRC.

That's it so far :)

[1] http://rspec.info

Cheers,

Ramon