On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 6:29 AM, Torsten Bronger
<bron...@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> But I think the old distortion data referred to JPEG imags, which
> may have seen already anti-distortion.  Dos the data also work fpr
> DNG images?

Well, it looks "reasonable" although perhaps over-corrected. Only one
way to find out; I'll run a set of distortion images and see.

If they're different that does raise the question of how you would
like JPG vs. RAW represented in the lensfun database.

> Do both cameras have that?

The SD1100 and IXUS80 are identical, it's just the US market has to
have its own special name.

> Matching the EXIF of the camera model or the lens model?  Typically,
> the lens model field is empty for compact cameras.  (I don't know
> for CHDK, though.)

For the camera. The lens model field is definitely empty, even out of
CHDK. I *think* I have it working now, one of those "look away and
next time I try, it works" problems.

> Just to be sure: Both TCA and vignetting refer to DNGs, correct?

Yes, I shot everything in DNG.

> If both data is the same, I would give the SD1100 the IXUS 80 mount.
> This way, the first simply re-uses all calibrations for the second.

Makes sense.

>> Note that, as with the IXUS 80, the crop factor is 6.1 for the
>> camera and 5.9 for the lens (based perhaps on full area vs. JPEG
>> area?)
>
> Actually, bot must be the same  Otherwise, your calibration data
> would not be applied accurately.

Hmm. I wonder why the existing data says 5.9. 1/2.5" sensor is
nominally a 6.02 crop factor. Comparing the FocalLength to
FocalLengthIn35mmFilm in the EXIF gives anything from 6.02 to 6.13.
DefaultCropSize and the JPG images are 3264x2448; DNG is 3298x2470,
matching dimensions from ActiveArea, and ImageWidth x ImageLength is
3336 x 2480. 6.02 to 5.9 is roughly the ratio of 6.02 to 5.9, so the
question is which of these sizes is the nominal 1/2.5".