Hallöchen!

My opinion about the DB question is: Put new profiles only in the
master branch, don't give bugfix releases (i.e. the third number in
the version string) new profiles (they are bugfix releases after
all), and make lensfun-update-data working on each supported
platform.

(The only reason why it doesn't work on Windows is that I cannot
test it.)

Sebastian Kraft writes:

> [...]
>
> I agree and actually we had a 6 month release cycle before. But
> with the current necessary refactorings in the master branch this
> was not possible to maintain anymore. I am sure we will go back to
> a regular release cycle when the master branch is stable again.

Maybe you could release a final 0.3.x, and even close the 0.3.x
branch for good?  At least if no security bugs appear.

I'll do a lot of Lensfun work today.  Profiles mostly, and then I'll
have a look at whether and how I can help with the code.

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger