On Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 07:18, Аl Воgnеr wrote:
> Am Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:32:01 +0100
> schrieb Аl Воgnеr <darktable...@corr.eu.org>:
>
> > Am Wed, 06 Dec 2017 23:26:08 -0800
> > schrieb junkyardspar...@yepmail.net:
> >
> > > I adjuststed the model name in the database to match your reported
> > > Exif model name.
>
> I found another Tamron-lens which doesn't work with the Pentax K-5.
>
> Exif-Data in photo:
> Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical [IF]
>
> in DB:
> Tamron SP AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
>
> The difference is the slash, which should be ignored in theory.
>
> I have to choose the lens manually to see a correction.
>
> There is 1 Tamron-lens here, which works fine:
>
> Tamron AF 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di-II LD (Model A16)
>

> <lens>
>         <!-- This is an alias of Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD
>              Aspherical (IF).  According to da...@corr.eu.org, they are
>              optically equivalent. -->
>         <maker>Tamron</maker>
>         <model>Tamron AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD (Model A16)</model>
>

> So maybe the file has to be changed like for the 17-50?

Yes, it looks like some of the lenses in the database need the extra model
number added to the names. For instance, I found DNG files in the calibration
upload repository for the 70-200mm, and the name reported in darktable was:

 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F2.8 Di LD [IF] Macro (A001)

where the entry in the database was lacking the last '(A001)' part (has been
added now). If you can compile a list of other such cases, they can be updated
in the repository. It can be difficult to see long names in the information
panel in darktable, but you can right-click, select-all, and copy... then paste
that name into your new file for testing. I can't easily troubleshoot your
issue with files in ~/.local/share/lensfun not being given priority; I'm using
darktable built against a different version of lensfun. Two things to keep in
mind with the database files for your version, though: you will need to *not*
have the 'version="n"' part in the line:
 <lensdatabase version="n">
and *not* have the <aspect-ratio> tag in the profile (more likely found in
newer non-SLR profiles). AFAIK those are the important differences between
current git files and 0.2.8 compatibility. Hope that helps.

--
jys