On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Terry Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 03:05:27 -0700 (PDT)
> Nik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have only organizing and thin nodes in my outline tree.
> > Only the children of  thin nodes suffer from cleo amnesia!
> > It seems that the problem is related to thin nodes (at least in my
> > case!)
>
> Ah, @thin nodes, I should have thought of that.  Leo doesn't save
> attributes on vnodes which descend from @thin nodes.
>
> I'm sure there's a reason for that although I don't know what it is,
> Edward?

The reason is simple: vnodes do not exist in @thin trees.  gnx's in files
derived from @thin refer to tnodes, not vnode.  Thus, Leo creates
"anonymous" vnodes when reading thin derived files.

This can never change, the @thin read code is robust precisely because it
does *not* save vnode info.

> Cleo could switch to storing its attributes on tnodes, but it's not
> clear that that's always desirable, sometimes it's nice to have cleo
> "markup" on a node in one context and not in another - talking about
> clones here of course.
>

> I'll wait to see what Edward says about vnodes which descend from @thin
> nodes before thinking more about possible solutions.

It's not an easy problem.  You would like the flexibility of per-vnode
attributes, but that won't work for @thin files.

But whatever you do, please wait until after 4.4.8 final to do it :-)