Hi,

I've started using Leo about 2 months ago. I intended to use it as a
single point of entry for a Python toolkit I am writing from scratch,
where the code is closely coupled with documentation and tests.

My biggest stumbling block is that I find it hard to break out of a
file-based way of thinking. In a sense, Leo surpasses the file system
and provides its own (better IMO) hierarchical view of your code. The
file in which a piece of code resides is nearly irrelevant. But this
tripped me up, as I wasn't sure where to use @file nodes and how to
maintain a parallel file structure that may or may not match the Leo
structure.

In order to get things done, I reverted to what I knew best - a single
Python file. This worked out fine in the end. I still want to give the
Leo way a shot though, especially as the toolkit will soon start to
outgrow its single file.

Any tips for a Leo newbie on how to start a project from scratch?

Regards,
Ludwig