Hi,

Yes, I remember now - I did use @thin for all derived files. I haven't
actively used Leo for the past few weeks, so the terminology is
slipping...

My problem has to do with starting with a blank myproject.leo. I don't
have a clear idea of how to proceed. I initially thought I'll do a top-
down breakdown of the project, which seemed really nice and well-
suited to Leo.

So I started with a hierarchy along the lines of

- Overview
- Documentation for algorithms
  - Various classes of algorithms I want to implement, in hierarchical
relation to each other
    - Examples of each algorithm class
- Code
  - Data structures
    - @thin DataStructures.py
  - Applications
    - @thin MainApp.py
      - Various steps in MainApp

When I tried to go deeper, I found it really hard to decide which
files I needed where in the Leo hierarchy. And what if the code in one
node needed code in another node? Do I clone it into the required
node, or do I import it via Python? With "standard" IDEs, the file
hierarchy is very clear, while with Leo the Leo hierarchy is very
clear and the file hierarchy obscure. I actually wished I could do
away with files and simply run things from the Leo hierarchy!

I then ditched Leo, and started with a single Python file, which
allowed me to start testing right away, without the big top-down
design approach I took with Leo. As the file grows, the idea is to
refactor into modules / classes / functions, as needed.

Of course, Leo does not force you to work top-down, and can work
bottom-up as well. I just took a top-down approach with Leo, and found
that I am more of a bottom-up person :)

I would really like to hear what approach people take with new
projects in Leo, as I am still keen to try it out. And how do you
decide on a file hierarchy in parallel with the Leo hierarchy?

Regards,
Ludwig