On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Kent Tenney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I don't think so.  In my present thinking it will not be possible to
> > possible to access a *node's* parents--you can only access the parents
> of a node *at a particular position*.  Positions give you parents instantly.
>
> Does this mean that Leo must load and process the xml before parents are
> known?

Leo must load and process the xml before *anything* is known, so the answer
must be yes.  But I think you are really asking whether special code is
needed to read the xml files.  The answer is yes.  The old, non-sax code
that "reconstituted" the outline from the xml is/was truly horrid.  The
sax-based code was simpler, but non-trivial.  The new version of the
sax-based code will be simpler still.  Maybe not trivial, but getting
there.  I'm in the midst of writing it now.