On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Terry Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

This is great.  I was never really a fan of the previous great graph
> aha that graphs could be represented in trees, anything can be
> represented in trees, or strings, or base64, after all.  But now more
> complex relationships can actually be integrated in Leo so much more
> tightly.

Well, I'm still a huge fan of the Great Graph Aha. As I said in another
reply, the essence of understanding complex data is creating multiple
user-controlled views.  The graph world would be a step in the wrong
direction.

> So the (non-urgent) issue I see is how could cyclic graphs be included
> in a Leo outline that was mostly DAG, in some way that Leo knows that
> from this node and beyond cycles may occur.

I said previously that limiting the expansion of nodes is a good first
step.  We could also have directives that limit expansion to n number of
visits.  But I remain skeptical that the kind of graph you show really is
worth viewing in an outline.  It seems seems more than plausible that
representing graphs in a Leo tree is all that is needed.  No need to argue
further until the unified node world is much farther along.  Perhaps
somebody will produce a plugin that will show the true power of general
graphs :-)