>Being able to run your data through a script is not a selling point
>for people who have no idea what a script is, so maybe one click
>install isn't critical.

I respectfully disagree. One-click install IS critical for more widespread use of Leo.

I don't understand why a user's knowledge (or lack thereof) of the concept of scripts would have any bearing on whether there should be a one-click installer.

> 1.  The goal is to increase the number of Leo's users.

PLEASE, before too much time and energy is put into Leo 5.0, PLEASE define what kind of new users you want? Who exactly is the target audience? What do you want/expect their technical skills to be? What problems can Leo help with that these users would appreciate?

If you could make one of the goals for Leo 5.0 to be that it has less emphasis on its Python underpinnings and less emphasis on users needing to know something about Python to use it effectively, I think new users will get excited.