In general terms, open source projects rarely get "finished" to the extent that
authors move on - there is always lots to do,especially if the application has
an user interface. Authors move on because of other reasons.

Leo is an open ended program with seemingly infinite opportunities for
improvement. It would be unfair to claim that it's ever "finished" ;).