Yes, it's light in weight.  But it's light in design because users
typically don't read, or even *have* a manual, for iPhone itself or
for any of the apps.

It's quite a challenge for Leo :-)

The rst3 command is the heaviest of all of Leo's commands.  I set
things up and forget all the options, so the command is light in
"unattended operation".

But can not remember any of the settings, nor have I the slightest
idea what the distinction between code mode and other modes is :-)  In
other words, docs are required for this command.

Otoh,  consider the docs for LaTeX and TeX :-)

In short, formatting text is *all about* options.