On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, I just installed 11.10, and once again wireless networking is
>> not enabled.  Slightly different from 11.04 though, so maybe I'll mess
>> around with it a bit more.
>
> The situation with both 11.04 and 11.10 is that wireless networking
> seems set up to work, but for some reason the system is not *trying*
> to do wireless.  Very weird.
>
> However, I installed the ultimate hardware fix a few weeks ago, a 20
> foot cat 6e cable :-)  So I don't have to resolve anything, really,
> until I take the laptop to Florida, and perhaps not even then.
>
> In short, I can get familiar with 11.10 now, and use it to test Leo
> with Python 3.  Who knows, I may even find the on/off switch for
> wireless :-)
>
> Edward
>
> P.S.  My first task will be to find the off switch for unity...
When logging in, you can choose windowing style.

I'm trying to switch to Unity, I see the advantages, of course
anything new is a setback initially. I'm hoping there are a few
hotkeys which will make me happy with it. I've heard it's design
is actually more keyboard-only friendly than previous, I'll be
searching for those keys.