On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following up on Kent's prizel.
>
> We could create a Leo repository now.
>
> In another post I discussed this possibility::
>
> - @file x.leo
> - @file y.leo
> etc.
>
> This morning I realized we could have the same thing, just by defining
> leo.leo something like this::
>
> - Notes
>  - @file leoNotes.txt
> - Core
>  < same as Code tree in leoPy.leo>
> - Plugins
>  < contents of LeoPlugins.leo>
> - Dist
>   @file leoDist.leo
> - Docs
>   <contents of LeoDocs.leo>
>
> Or something like this.  The point is that we don't need new invention
> to create "grand unified Leo base."
>
> However, there is a real tension between one .leo file and many.
>
> Pluses of leo.leo:
>
> - easier global searches.
>
> Minuses of leo.leo:
>
> - all files *always* get loaded, so slower startup.
> - Less separation, which can be dangerous.
> - Less flexibility in loading, but maybe not so important.
>
> Your comments please.  Would a single leo.leo be a good idea?

Sort of a top level Table of Contents with @bookmarks pointing at Leo files?

I think that would be great, though persisting the open tabs would add
lots of value:
from leo.leo -> open tabs for files of interest -> exit Leo -> start
Leo -> tabs as before

related:
I think there's a way to search across Leo files: quicksearch multiple
files ... ?

What if quicksearch looked at all the @bookmarked files and offered to open the
ones with hits? ... methinks way cool.