On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Kent Tenney <kten...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm working on some node versioning ideas which involve hooking
>> the "unselect1" event.
>
> [big snip]
>
>> Is this expected?
>
> I wouldn't say I have any expectation here.  Haha.  However, the
> behavior you describe is a big unexpected ;-)

Right. When I discovered this, I felt like it should be examined,
but without clarity on where I was going.

Is it a symptom of code which is overly
complex, a candidate for improving the code base by simplification?

My expectation was for one call per each unselecting of a node. If it's
possible to provide that behaviour, it would simplify writing code
hooked to the event: as it is, I expect I'll come to the point of needing
to keep track of which of the several calls I'm currently in.

As far as basic elegance goes, it would be best if the events
fired as advertised. Hooking events is basic to extending and
customizing Leo.

Of course, there is no show-stopping here, and every one of the
multiple calls may be necessary given Leo's design, making it a
non-issue.

Thanks,
Kent