This is IMO a fantastic extension of Leo's functionality, thanks Terry!

See attached screenclip for simple test case

--------------------
First, generic @ <file> clone-wars wishlist item - based, perhaps naively
on my @nosent solution

   - let me clone the @shadow node directly rather than having to use the
"single-child + @all" workaround employed here
     - by letting me put an @directive in the body of the top-level
"!masterByCreationDate" that means
     - "don't do any file IO from here down"

I imagine if it were that easy it'd already work that way, but hey worth
tossing out there just in case. . .

====================
AP-specific issues:

If I initiate "Set node to absolute path" directly on the file node, AP
changes theheader to @shadow
E:\aasync\Libraries\hh-lib-documents\quotes\serenity\Desiderata.txt - not
pretty, but explicit, transparent.

However if I "Set node to absolute path recursive" on an ancestor node, all
the @ <file> node headers remain the same; the actual change "under the
covers" is a @path statement insertion in the sentinels - and in the case
of @shadow this is "nicely hidden away" in the xDesiderata.txt. However
once my org-tree refactoring or temporary working with clones has ended,
it's pretty difficult to now reverse this (back to relative path'ing)
without programming, especially if the tree contains thousands of files (in
my case sometimes tens of thousands).

If I've missed something, please let me know. Otherwise, some off-the-cuff
2ยข suggestions, in my perceived order of importance:

  - Make the location of the full-path string consistent between the
once-off and the recursive commands.
  - Add "reversing" commands, e.g. "Set node to relative path (recursive)"
  - Allow the user to set whether it's going to be ugly/transparent or
nicely hidden.
  - If using the hidden @Path statement (which I prefer), can you think of
some sort of visible indicator of the fact that it's now absolute?
    - I guess this is becomes a core issue, as all I can think of is
another icon flag like the red-arrow for cloning
    - maybe a pin (tack) symbol for absolute?

Perhaps if the relative commands were implemented, then the "hiddenness" of
the absolute status isn't that important since it is now so easy to reverse?

Obviously just thinking at the keyboard, I'm sure (if this is indeed a real
problem) you'll come up with a more elegant solution than I can think of.

(side question, still AP-specific)

I take it the @path **must** be in the header of the top-level folder (ITC
"Libraries")? active_path doesn't activate if **all** of them are
"prettily" buried in the body. If so NBD, just checking