>IMO the biggest problem is that it takes too much time to learn Leo

As a newbie, I agree. At least, that is the perception, which is
discouraging.
I believe it also has to do with the lack of learning material.
The only manual is not very newbie-friendly. It contains a lot of
cross-references to advanced internal commands (@xyz stuff) which put off
newcomers, especially where they are thrown in altogether and may look
scary.
Currently the learning curve does nor _appear_ to be gentle at all.
But it does not necessarily have to be like this. Even if Leo is indeed
very complex and very advanced, I am sure that at least a subset of Leo
functionality can be selected and presented in a nicer way, to attract more
users and help newbies.
Why can't we have some more accessible tutorial, with gentle, self
contained lessons (maybe webcasts, or slides, or simple HTML pages) which
_focus on the basic functionality_? Or perhaps, a two-tiered series of such
lessons, i.e. basic and advanced levels. I think this would be very helpful.