I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet: Leo has pretty much written off Mac users, and close to written off large chunks of Linux users.

Sure, you CAN install and get it to work on Macs and Debian/Ubuntu (and presumably other linux varieties). But... it's pretty hard to justify the time and effort, just to try Leo the first time.

Point and click for windows, and there seems to be a port for BSD, but while there's mention of a package for Debian and Ubuntu I can't seem to find it in the respective package repos. No Mac package for Fink or MacPorts - just some instructions on how to use Homebrew (and does one really want to use a Ruby based installer to install something written in Python?).

Somehow, one gets just a little squirrely contemplating a Python based IDE that seems to have been targeted at a Windows environment. That alone raises some red flags.

Miles Fidelman