On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:29:19 -0500
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Kent Tenney <kten...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Whew!  I'm glad we're on the same page now :-)
>
> > Indeed, hate to see fisticuffs on this list [-;
>
> Yeah, I was about to give you a phone call ;-)
>
> > Initial test is REALLY exciting, in addition to complete support
> > for the 'choices' stuff, the timestamps in uA are persistent ...
>
> Excellent.  What do you mean by "choices stuff"?
>
> > Amazing stuff Edward.
>
> Thanks.  *That's* the response I was expecting.  Hehe.
>
> It's very satisfying that the code is so much simpler than before.
>
> At present, I plan only two more changes:
>
> 1.  As discussed previously, pd.find_position_for_relative_unl will be
> rewritten to be more flexible when searching for matches between unl's
> and the incoming imported outline.  This will reduce broken links.

I asked a vague question about the status of vc.find_absolute_unl_node
and vc.find_position_for_relative_unl the other day, what I meant was,
what do they do that g.recursiveUNLFind doesn't?  It seems like we have
two methods to do the same thing, and I think it's already caused
confusion dev. wise, when the smarter bookmarks were being developed
and the vc.* commands were updated even though they weren't relevant.

Cheers -Terry