I never noticed that functionality.

Was recently thinking about the minibuffer tho, it would be great to press
"arrow up" and cycle previous commands, which we already have history dict
for.
Or at least not do what it does, it currently "hangs" the minibuffer and
looks like locked.

Well saying this just in case you was messing around with those and have
the code fresh :)