> I've experienced the same annoying slow, non-updating tree movement with
> the up/down key navigation.  I didn't think to look into the plugins.  Lo
> and behold, removing the todo plugin fixes that problem for me too!  There
> is only a barely noticeable visual lag remaining now (which may well be due
> to syntax highlighting, but I thought highlighting was delayed so that it
> didn't interfere).  Thanks for the tip!

Good to get this verified!

I didn't know this shortcut existed; it will probably get used a lot from
> now on.  I can confirm that this slow visual updating behaviour remains for
> me, even after removing the todo plugin.

Also good to get this verified. From my tests for this one it didn't make a
difference if it the todo plugin was enabled. However it does make a
difference if the node is syntax highlighted. Even @language rest creates
this slowdown. With no syntax highlight what-so-ever then the visual
updating is smooth sailing.

I think both of these could be considered a bug related to syntax
highlighting (ie these are not desired behaviors), I think my previous
suggestion of not performing syntax highlighting if holding down Up/Down in
the tree or not updating syntax highlighting if holding down Ctrl+Up/Down
in the body and waiting for a key release event might solve both of these
issues. If we can't find a quick solution and it's because the speed of
syntax highlighting is negatively impacting other parts of Leo then I think
the speed of syntax highlighting needs to at least be considered an "issue"
that should to be on Leo's roadmap.

I would like to get peoples' thoughts.