On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 07:53:57 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> More interestingly Leo could use IPython's scheme of basing code
> completion of live objects, provided users are willing to execute the
> code in an outline.  Yes, this could be dangerous, and people must be
> aware of the dangers.

Leo can already do this after a fasion via my additions[1] to the
valuespace plugin.

e.g.

  csv.<Ctrl-Space>

No Completions

  import csv

select that text, and `vs-eval`.

  csv.<Ctrl-Space>

Normal completion occurs.

  csv.reader<Ctrl-Space>?

Docs. shown in log window.

`vs-eval` selects the next line after executing one selected line, so
it's easy to step through code.  You have to select multi-line blocks
for it though, things like for loops.
vs-last(-pretty) just insert the result of the last vs-eval into the
body.

[1] vs-eval, vs-last, and vs-last-pretty are commands I shoehorned into
valuespace to avoid creating yet another plugin.  The execute /
evaluate in the c.vs namespace created by valuespace.