I'm following with much interest the recent discussions on data structures
and possible new directions for Leo. Sorry in advance if this new post
hashes old ground, but it seemed to be somewhat of a different approach (or
question).

It would be really cool to better expose the uA's and make them truly
useful. However, I see them as merely metadata (like tags in media files).
What would also be useful is to describe in some meaningful way the *nature*
of a data relationship between elements (objects or 'nodes' in the Leo
sense). Looking at the wikipedia article on DAGs
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed_acyclic_graph>, I see the directed
vectors (arrows), but don't see how those describe what the 'nature' of the
relationship is between objects, just a direction (of course, I may be
missing something obvious).

As an example, consider how MusicBrainz <https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Work>
describes advanced relationships (ARs). A music track (like on a CD) may
have a relationship with a composition (work) and that relationship is
described in a somewhat 'symmetrical' way, such that the given work is
'related' to multiple recordings and the track may be related to multiple
compositions (eg. medleys). These relationship 'descriptors' are
directional which prevents recursion problems.

It seems to me that the only relationship inherent in the Leo data model is
one of Parent/Child (and maybe Sibling). I suppose that's what makes it a
DAG. Is it possible to describe other arbitrary types of relationships
between objects (nodes) that goes beyond simply assigning a uA (tag) to a
node. Maybe that uA may also be a relationship 'type' that creates a 'link'
between two or more nodes. Maybe this also creates opportunities to create
multiple 'views' based on relationship types other than the native
Parent/Child.

Rob......