Hello Edward,

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Kent Tenney <kten...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> ​
> ​> ​
> However, foolproof install seems to be job one.
> ​We will have to disagree about this one.  Leo has a quick install for
> Windows.  On other platforms, it is (or should be) easy enough to install
> Python, Qt and then Leo.
>
> If you think you can do better, I encourage you to try.  I am not going to
> let installation issues suck all the enthusiasm out of my life.

I had started to prepare a msg to this list concerning pip/ PyPI-based
distribution - but - read this blog entry from  Nick Coghlan, which
explains the advances much better than I could have described:

* The Python Packaging Ecosystem
*
http://www.curiousefficiency.org/posts/2016/09/python-packaging-ecosystem.html

I'll continue my investigations about *properly* publishing Leo via pip/
PyPI ...

With kind regards,

Viktor