​​
On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 3:09 AM, vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The next more challenging task is to create an elegant GUI that user can
> use to run all those functions.

​...
​

> I am not sure that all this would be u
> ​​
> seful at all. I can't recall when was the last time that I needed
> something like this. But maybe I would use it more often if it was possible
> in the first place.

​Likely.  A similar problem is presenting options to git's cherry picking.
SourceTree, does a superb job of this.  In fact, iirc, you can *always*
select/cherry-pick the code that you want to add to each commit. SourceTree
has (or used to have) severe performance problems, which is why I no longer
use it, but its interface is worth careful study.

In short, the interface may determine whether a feature is useful or not.
A "paper" design can be suggestive before coding.  A prototype, if easily
done, is the best.

The way I see it, this can be interpreted as "undo/redo" functionality but
> persistent between editing sessions and spread at node levels, i.e. every
> node has its own "undo/redo" timeline. It may be useful, who knows?

​Who knows, indeed.  This is an important question.

I could have used something like this recently.  ​I did a git -- checkout
to revert some files. When I restarted Leo I got a list of "recovered
nodes".  I would have liked an easy way of cherry picking the nodes. Alas,
none of the "old" nodes could be easily used, because they weren't (and
couldn't be) cloned.