On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 5:06:19 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

I don't think I have ever started a year with such excitement about Leo.

> Just before Christmas I wrote the "Leo in 2017
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/leo-editor/K8VHBvMOumc>" post.
> All good stuff.
>
> Since then, two great new projects have emerged: #366: Jupyter cells in
> Leo <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/366> and a new
> project, #370 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/370>.

The 21 present issues
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen%20is%3Aissue%20label%3ABug%20-label%3ACan%27tFix%20>

are probably going to take most of this year, or perhaps even longer.  In
this post, I'll list my present priorities.  This is middle-manager stuff.
Feel free to ignore.

With so much to do, planning is important.  Here are my present choices, in
*roughly* the order that I plan to do them. However, I'll may do several in
parallel.

1. Fix the various importer bugs. These have recently bit me. It would be
unbearable to let them hang around. I am going to re-enable the old python
importer code (using basescanner.py), to see whether the various
recently-reported importer bugs apply to it.

If necessary, I'll eventually rewrite the code one more time, after
studying the pyzo code.  But the rewrite is not a big priority.  All that
matters for now is that the python importer works, even if it means using
the old code for awhile longer.

2. Add org-mode capabilities to Leo, as described in this paper
<https://www.jstatsoft.org/article/view/v046i03>. Leo can not afford to lag
behind org-mode.  Happily, this project should be straightforward. All
changes will likely be confined to c.executeScript and its helpers.  This
may involve some additional work to simulate emacs Babel, but that too
should be straightforward.

3. Support .org.leo files. As always, writing such files is much easier
than reading them.  There will be a bit of design work so that org-mode
"drawers" (attributes) can round-trip properly with Leo uA's.  We may want
to simplify uA's to make this simpler.

4. The big projects. This includes pyzo based auto-completion and
debugging, and jupyter-like cells using the pyzo server architecture.  It
may also involve fossil stuff.

*Schedule*

I typically use an "expansion factor" of 4.  If something seems like it
might take a week, it may take up to a month.  Items 1, 2 and 3 look like a
week each (or less), before expansion.  Item 4 is more open ended. It might
take months.

All comments welcome.