I've seen Next and Prior used on the linux side for key mapping. But I
agree that these names are confusing.

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/List_of_Keysyms_Recognised_by_Xmodmap

I have to believe they are ancient designations perhaps going back to the
teletype era. A quick google search for "unix teletype keyboards" reveals
that for some there was neither PgUp/PgDown or Prior/Next.