On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

If taking the tildes out hasn't broken border highlighting (I don't
> usually use it anyway) then I guess leave it for now.

​It looks like removing tildes has broken background highlighting in the
status area.  With my unchanged myLeoSettings.leo, the stylesheets *with*
tildes code shows failed searches in red, and successful searches in blue.
The stylesheets *without* tildes show the default background colors always.

This is an essential feature for me. For awhile I thought the find commands
were broken.

find.showStatus sets these background colors by calling
frame.putStatusLine, which calls QtStatusLineClass.put. qsl.put does:

    c.styleSheetManager.mng.remove_sclass(w, ['info', 'fail'])
    c.styleSheetManager.mng.add_sclass(w, status)
    c.styleSheetManager.mng.update_view(w)
       # force appearance update

I'll see what I can deduce.

If I can't fix this quickly I'll restore the tildes so I can release 5.5b1
asap.  We can discuss this further before 5.5 final.