Indeed, it runs Sabayon right now.
But a lot of others in the office, with similar hardware, are using Ubuntu,
Mint, and Fedora and others to great success.
The place I'm working now (InMotion Hosting) is almost all Linux from Tier
2 onward; a few Macs. Only the Tier 1 group uses Windows for domain access
and locking down the systems...

As long as the boot media isn't stupid (Sabayon Daily I'm looking at you)
it should work fine. I went with last-month's Sabayon install media and it
worked perfectly first-try.

Hope this gives you some more assurance :)

Mike